The Creston Festival of the Arts is a member of the Provincial Festival.
- Adjudicators may recommend performers and alternates who may attend the Provincial Festival, based on the standard of performance.
- In order to be considered for recommendation by the adjudicators, a competitor must have performed in at least two solo classes at a local Festival and have received a mark of 85 or over.
- Candidates recommended to the Provincial Festival are classified according to the B.C. Association of Performing Arts Festival as follows:
- Junior Performer: 14 years & under
- Intermediate Performer: 18 years & under
- Senior Performer: 35 years & under
- If a candidate is recommended to go to the Provincials, s/he has 48 hours during which to accept or decline. In the event that a candidate declines, the adjudicator may or may not name an alternate.
- All Canadian residents, and all students taught by a Canadian music teacher, are eligible for recommendation to the Provincials. United States students taught by United States teachers are not eligible for this recommendation.
- Recommendation is dependent on appropriate classes being available at the Provincials. For example, because there is no category for acoustic guitar nor for Highland Dance, these categories will not be eligible for recommendation.
Performing Arts BC
A not-for-profit charity which acts as the umbrella organization for 34 regional performing arts festivals throughout the province.
Click here for more info: